Special Message to Families – Baltimore Unrest
Dear HCPSS Community,
Our hearts are with the citizens of Baltimore City as they restore safety and heal from the tragedies occurring in their communities. We stand with our neighbors in Baltimore City who are working for peace and an end to the violence, with an understanding that violence is never the answer.
Due to continued safety concerns, our school system has canceled or made alternative arrangements for all field trips and other events taking place in downtown Baltimore through this weekend.
HCPSS Student Services personnel are available to support the social and emotional safety and well being of students, staff, and families. Anyone in need of support should contact their school administrator or counselor. Additional resources for families are posted below and on our website.
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Korean – 폭력에 대해 아이들과의 대화를 나누기에 관한 교사와 부모를 위한 정보
- Spanish – Conversando con Niños Sobre la Violencia: Sugerencias para Padres y Maestros
- French – Parler Aux Enfants au Sujet de la Violence : Conseils Pour les Parents et les Enseignants
- Vietnamese – TRAO ĐỔI VỚI TRẺ EM VỀ VẤN ĐỀ BẠO LỰC: NHỮNG LỜI KHUYÊN DÀNH CHO PHỤ HUYNH VÀ GIÁO VIÊN
- Identifying Severely Traumatized Children: Tips for Parents and Educators
- Managing Strong Emotional Reactions to Traumatic Events: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Helping Children Cope
Thank you for your continued partnership as we work together to support our students during this difficult time.
Dr. Renee A. Foose
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here