Please consider supporting this worthwhile cause to help keep local individuals and families warm this winter! Please note that TRES parent, Erica Haycock, will accept your new twin blankets and white twin sheet sheet donations!
Below please find a copy of the draft TRES PTA Meeting Minutes from the General Membership Meeting held on October 11th, 2017. The Board will vote to approve the minutes at the next General Membership Meeting on Wednesday, November 8th. Please contact Jennifer Kennedy at [email protected] if you have any questions or edits.
The deadline for submitting talent show applications has been extended to next Wednesday, November 1st. Don’t miss out!
The TRES PTA is holding its 2nd Annual Talent Show on the evening of Friday December 8, 2017! All current TRES students are welcome to participate. We’re looking for singers, dancers, actors, comedians, magicians—or any talent your child may choose to share with our school. (Sorry, no lip synching). Please complete the entire application and return it to school. Applications must be filled out completely and signed by a parent or it will be returned. Each student must complete an application, even if performing in a group.
All applications due Wednesday, November 1, 2017! Slots are filling up fast, so don’t wait!
- Students may participate in ONE ACT— a solo act OR a group act. All students who audition will be allowed to participate. Auditions are held to ensure the students are prepared to perform. EACH participant must complete and return a signed application form.
- Acts should be 1—3 minutes in length, not to exceed 3 minutes. This may be adjusted up or down based on the number of participants. Parents and students will be informed of any change prior to auditions once all applications are received.
- The number of acts will be capped at 60. Applications must be completed and signed by Oct. 27th (including all participants in a group) to be added to the roster. A wait list will be available after the roster of 60 acts is filled.
- All students must attend both the after school audition (November 7th or November 8th) and the dress rehearsal on December 6th. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Parents must provide transportation. Parents of younger children are strongly encouraged to attend both the audition and rehearsal with their student.
- Song choices will be granted on a first come, first served basis. The number of times a song may be used will be limited. Students will be notified immediately if they need to pick a different song.
- All performances must follow school appropriate language, dress code and music choice and must be approved by the talent show parent volunteer committee.
- Music must be an MP3 file on a blank thumb drive labeled with student or group name OR emailed to [email protected] and edited to appropriate length prior to audition. Singers must use a “no vocal” or karaoke version of their song.
We can’t wait to see all of our talented TRES students!
The TRES Box Tops Race for October ends next Friday, October 27th! You can simply put all of your Box Tops into a baggy and send them in with your child. Please remember to include your child’s name and classroom teacher so his or her classroom receives credit towards a prize! We’ll take care of the rest! Thank you to everyone who is participating!
Well – we tried to start yesterday, but the fields were too soggy, so we’ll try again next week!
Kindergarten, first and second graders participate in Walking Wednesdays for six weeks in the fall and six weeks in the spring during their recess period. The kids run or walk laps around the field behind the school.
The volunteers each get a spreadsheet with all of the names of the students in a particular teacher’s class. Each time a child completes a lap they tell you their name and you mark the spreadsheet. Each time they complete 12 laps throughout the season they get to chose a prize. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up via this Sign Up Genius: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0e4ba4aa2aa13-tres.
If dates you wanted are already full, you are always welcome to go and walk laps with your child!
The Infant and Toddler Program (ITP) centered at TRES is a vital resource for families with young children right here in our community. Infants and toddlers with special needs and their loved ones are visited “in home and community” by their interventionist to build capacity in their role as their child’s best advocate and first teacher. The program also partners with families as they seek the resources they need for their child to flourish in the early years and be ready for school. ITP serves thirteen elementary schools in Howard County. TRES PTA is pleased to partner with the TRES PPW to develop this drive.
To benefit the Infant and Toddler Program Centered at TRES, we will be accepting items Oct 2nd through Oct 6th, and during the night of the rally.
Please contact Contact Mandy Campbell at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Attention Future Cheerleaders!
🎉🏈CHEER WITH THE 💙HAWKS💛 AT HOMECOMING! 🏈🎉
The River Hill HS Cheerleading Program will host their annual Cheer Clinics on Tuesday 9/26, Saturday 9/30, and Tuesday 10/03 in the RHHS Cafeteria. Participants will receive a Free Hawks Cheer tshirt, Think Pink Bow, and get to cheer the 1st Quarter of the Homecoming Football Game against the Mt. Hebron Vikings 🏈🎀 Grab some friends and Register today!
Come out to see River Hill High School’s upcoming production of “Arsenic and Old Lace” on Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22. This play is a hilarious farcical story about two eccentric old ladies who make their own murderous concoction of homemade elderberry wine to “help” lonely old folks.
Any further questions about the play? Please contact RHHS Theatre Director, Pam Land at [email protected] or 410-313-7120.
It isn’t too late to order your school supplies through School Tool Box. All the supplies are pre-selected, delivered to you, and saves you a trip to the over-picked store aisles.
On April 22nd, 2017 the Retriever Run will be a Color Run! We will have a 1 mile Fun Run for kids 12 and under and 5K for all ages! Register here by April 4th to secure your race shirt:
Don’t forget to complete your waiver online before packet pickup! All participants must have a completed waiver. Each participant 18 and over must complete a separate waiver, however children may all be listed on one waiver and signed by one parent/guardian. Complete your waiver here:
WE NEED RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS! Planning to attend but don’t want to run? Help out as a course marshal, or support our runners by working a water stop. Plenty of opportunities! SIGN UP HERE or contact Kathy Broadbent at [email protected] for more information.
Visit the Retriever Run page here for more information on race day details and sponsorships.
Field Day T-shirts are available for purchase here or through the flyer in your child’s Friday folder. Shirt color will be based on student’s grade with white graphics:
K— Red 1st— Purple
2nd— Yellow 3rd— Orange
4th— Green 5th— Blue
Orders must by placed by Friday April 21st. CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR FIELD DAY T-SHIRTS NOW!